"I will heal their waywardness and love them freely..." Hosea 14:4

Friday, September 30

Adventures.

Oh boy. Tomorrow morning we are heading out of this crazy city for a week long visit to Thailand. We get to retreat for the first couple of days...wind down and process all that we've been absorbing for the past 4/5 weeks (I've lost count). After that, we will be visiting Bangkok to learn more about what work is done there. So excited for all of this journey that is ahead of us. It is coming in perfect time...we fly out the day that the real Durga Puja celebration begins. I'm so thankful that we do not have to experience it in the slightest...I've only heard how miserable this time of year is here. The city shuts down to worship god(s)/goddess(es) of the Hindu religion, and these people do it big! Lights and sound...we've been told all about the drums that go on during every hour of the day and night. Not sad to miss that. This place is loud enough. Anyways...pray for safe travels of the team and I and that the Lord will allow that time to be a time of peace and refueling for the next three months that will be ahead of us when we are back. I cannot believe this much time has gone by, but (if I'm truly honest) in the same breath, I have to say I can't believe it's going this slowly. I love it...not every minute, but overall...and I will be sad to leave. Right about now, I'm just really staring to miss my bathtub. Haha. And apparently food...I keep dreaming about what will be the first thing I request from my parents once I'm off the plane and in the car. Get ready!

I would also like to give a shout out to my dad. Hey...went to the home gym the other day. I call it washing sheets. Dude...hand-washing sheets is for real a work out. My arms are so sore! I know he's proud. :)

In other news...I saw my first monkey that wasn't in a zoo. Poor little guy was tied to the fence. It was sad...I don't think he really likes people, because he freaked out as I walked by. Yay for rabies shot!

Also, sad story. Last night I got sick. Not so cool. I ate chipati and dal (dal is an everyday meal...when I say everyday, I mean it is lunch and dinner of almost everyday...and definitely one if not the other) and sadly I threw it up. That was scarring. Not sure how it will work out next time I'm served it. Just gonna have to deal.

Not much other news...just didn't want to leave you guys hanging for too long. Don't know if I'll have internet access in Thailand, and to be honest...I may just bask in the peace of the retreat center and skip out on the internet. So thankful the Lord has purposed this time for us...oh my it's needed.

Be praying for the city over this coming week. It is rough here. Also, the ladies. Pray that they have a wonderful vacation over the days and feel the Lord's protection and comfort coming from every angle of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment