"I will heal their waywardness and love them freely..." Hosea 14:4

Friday, September 9

I can't think of a title.

Today, it finally hit me that the reason the trees here look so funny is because it appears as though their root system actually hangs off of their branches. This isn't the case, but it looks like roots. Here's where my brain went to turning. India is a place that very obviously displays its religions...you can walk down any street and see multiple temples...constant reminders of who/what they are living for. In America, that is not so. Duh. Butttt - my connection, because I attempt to drain all symbolism relating to Jesus from a tree, is that what if, like the trees of India, I allowed my root system to displayed so loudly. What if I lived in such a manner my life, without question, showed who I live for (like their temples lining the streets and trees do). There are no such trees like the ones of India in America, which then makes me think about how much I allow my society, ways, life, blah-blah-blah, mask my root system. This probably doesn't make much sense in words, but totally does in my mind - I apologize. Basically...the people of India worship loudly, and their trees roots are obviously displayed...with me in America, my worship is usually drowned out by all else I allow to rule my life and the trees of home have no such root things I speak of. Just funny to think about. Can I be an Indian tree in America? Please. Ha. But yeah, yeah, yeah. I love trees. I have found a favorite already. It's a beauty. I'll attempt to post a picture soonish.

Also, just want to update everyone and let them know that I do believe I'm past the culture shock stage. I believe I have fully accepted where I am and how long I will be here. It hit me on the bus this morning when I realized how much I despise so many of the ways of these people, but I don't actually despise them at all - I hurt for them. Hurt for what they don't see. Hurt for where they are lacking. And I don't want to leave...like I did all last week. Haha. Not seriously leave, but this is a hard way to live after living so privileged in America. I never realized I would have to shower after washing clothes (yes, it is that difficult and I sweat worse than when walking down the street covered head to toe). Beyond thankful for washing machines and dryers - oh dear heavens. Hello muscles! But anyways, today was the first time, I saw my own selfishness in the reason I would have any desire to leave and knew that that is not the Lord's purpose in my time here. I'm only here four months. I'm only leaving the comfort and peace of home for four months. My sacrifice is only for four months. Christ's sacrifice of a life spent on earth, away from his heavenly home, was far greater. And I'm called to live as him, correct? My flesh fails. Time and time again. Praise the Lord for grace. Mmmm...good stuff our Jesus is.

No comments:

Post a Comment